CBS Corporation Reporter: General Assignment - Philadelphia Market in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reporter: General Assignment - Philadelphia Market
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Stations
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
CBS3/KYW-TV and CW Philly 57, the CBS-owned and operated television stations in Philadelphia, have openings for on-air reporters. Eligible candidates will be exceptional story tellers who bring great ideas to the table and know how to partner with talented photojournalists to produce outstanding packages and live shots. Candidates must be energetic, team players who understand all aspects of television news gathering and production and recognize the value of developing contacts in communities and within the government, law enforcement and business sectors.
* * Four-year college degree or equivalent experience with at least four years reporting experience
* * Extensive live and breaking news experience
* * Strong news judgment and ability to work well under pressure and deadlines a must
* * Proficiency in social media and its role in engaging viewers
* * Web writing experience
* * Excellent editorial judgment and mastery of journalistic ethics and libel law
* * In-it-to-win-it attitude
* * Knowledge of the Philadelphia/Delaware Valley region a plus
* * MMJ and bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply.
* * Must have a valid driver's license
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled